Parent Category: Living in Crete - Brits in Crete
Cretan Cuisine (Κρητική κουζίνα) - Chicken Burgers with Tzatziki (Μπιφτέκια κοτόπουλου με Τζατζίκι)
Chicken Burgers with Tzatziki,the flavors of Greece in a burger, slathered with healthy refreshing tzatziki sauce.
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 1 cup cube cuccumber
- 1 to 2 clove garlic smashed with a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp dried mint
- salt to taste
- 1 pound ground lean chicken
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- pinch of black pepper
- Mix the above ingredients and keep chilled in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, lemon juice, oregano, basil, olives, green onions, garlic, feta cheese and black pepper.
- Thoroughly mix. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Grill over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Serve: In a burger bun or pita, with lots of salad.
Enjoy your Chicken Burgers with Tzatziki meal (Καλή όρεξη)