Parent Category: Living in Crete - Brits in Crete
Cretan Cuisine (Κρητική κουζίνα) - Macaroni with hot sauce (Μακαρόνια με καυτερή σάλτσα)
Macaronia with hot sauce, is the most basic macaroni and cheese recipe out there, but it has one special ingredient that makes it shine.
- 500 g Macaroni (Skioufichta)
- 100 g potbelly/bacon
- 2 mushrooms
- 500 g grated tomato
- 50 g butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 little hot pepper
- hard cheese
- Chop the potbelly and toss it in a pot with the butter.
- Add the finely sliced mushrooms, garlic and sauté for a little while.
- Then add the grated tomato and hot pepper.
- Let your sauce over low heat until done.
- Then sprinkle with salt stir and pour it over your pasta topping it with grated cheese.
Enjoy your of Macaroni with hot sauce, meal (Καλή όρεξη)