Parent Category: Living in Crete
Cretan cuisine (Κρητική κουζίνα) - Garlic Pasta Salad (Το σκόρδο σαλάτα ζυμαρικών)
A creamy Greek-inspired pasta salad with diced peppers, kalamata olives, fresh dill, scallions and capers coated in a feta-yogurt dressing.
- 240 g fusilli or penne pasta
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic—minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 red pepper—diced
- 1/2 green pepper—diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 2 spring onions—finely sliced
- 2 tsp capers
- 10 olives—pitted and halved
- 120 g feta cheese—crumbled
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill, plus extra sprigs for garnish
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, dissolve the sugar in the lemon juice in a small bowl then mix together with the olive oil, yogurt, garlic, salt, and pepper,until well combined.
- Wash the pasta under cold water, then drain and toss gently with the red and green peppers, scallions, tomatoes, cucumber capers, olives, feta cheese and dill.
- Drizzle the yogurt dressing over the top and mix thoroughly to evenly coat the pasta.
- Serve garnished with sprigs of dill.
Enjoy your meal (Καλή όρεξη)