Parent Category: Living in Crete
Cretan Cuisine (Κρητική κουζίνα) - Pasta with Tomato Sauce and Feta (Ζυμαρικά με σάλτσα ντομάτας και φέτα)
A rich tomato sauce with crumbled feta on top, I made this for lunch, with what I had in my cupboard, you could add red wine to the sauce also some basil, and if you cannot get feta use either cheddar or parmesan.
- 250 grams pasta
- 1 tin chopped Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 medium Onions, chopped
- 12 Olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 chunk Feta
- 1/2 tsp Sage, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary, crumbled
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed
- In a pan fry onions and garlic in a little olive oil.
- Add tinned tomatoes all the herbs, olives, tomato puree
- Bring to boil and simmer for about 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally
- Boil pasta in salt water, when ready wash with salt water
- Put pasta in bottome of plate and sauce on top, the crumble the feta over the top.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Enjoy your meal (Καλή όρεξη)