Parent Category: Living in Crete
Cretan Cuisine (Κρητική κουζίνα) - Chicken & Chickpea Salad (Κοτόπουλο και ρεβίθια σαλάτα)
This is a tasty, quick salad from Cooking Light Super fast Suppers. Serve this salad with pita wedges or put it in a pita pocket for an easy sandwich.
- 230 g chicken breasts, cooked & chopped
- 425 g can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 4 small green onion, chopped
- small handful fresh mint or basil, chopped
- 120 ml greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch of salt
- 480 g baby spinach leaves
- 78 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 lemon wedges
- Combine first 8 ingredients. Toss gently.
- Gently fold in spinach and feta.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Enjoy your meal of Chicken & Chickpea Salad (Κοτόπουλο και ρεβίθια σαλάτα) (Καλή όρεξη)
Footnote: Chickpeas are part of the Lentil family. Learn how you can benefit health-wise from their consumption as part of the Cretan Diet, especially as an easy method to Detox using them.